Church Memorable Moments
Church Memorable Moments
Psalms 16:7 reads that God will speak to us through visions and dreams. lt also says in
Psalms 63:6 you will remember thee upon my bed and meditate on thee in the night watch".
This is exactly what happened to me one night as I lay awake on my "night watch". I had a
vision. From a very early age on I have always believed in carrying out instructions. Having
experienced this very vivid vision was for me getting an instruction directly from God. This
has ever since instilled in me a compelling passion to produce a book recording the most
memorable moments occurring in churches all over the world.
Envisaged Purpose of This Book
The purpose of this book and my objective thereto is for believers and non believers, when
reading of these very real memorable moments in the everyday life of churches, to laugh,
relax and enjoy the sometimes humorous and sometimes less humorous but serious side of
everyday church. It is at such times, when the reader is perhaps letting down his or her
barrier, and being in a receptive mood, that I would like to, in a subtle way, introduce them to
Jesus and His Kingdom by referring to verses of scripture woven into the
tales of Memorable Moments as told in the book.
This book will consist of real life short stories (no longer than half a page), submitted by
ordinary people and clergy alike worldwide.
I would like to make use of as many stories as possible with a view that the book should be
an easy read to be picked up at time just to explore a page or two. It is then, while chuckling
at some funny tales, or marvelling about a miracle, that the reader will also be made aware
of the wonder of God's Word.
Memorable Moments could be any of the following:
- Miracles that had occurred
- Amusing and humorous occurrences in church
- Funny Church bulletins, announcements and the like
- Embarrassing happenings
- Special sermons and messages that were life changing
- How you met your Creator, Jesus Christ
The "Memorable Moments" referred to above should please be dealt with as follows:
- Go to the website: www.churchmemorablemoments.com
- Complete the submission form
- Select the category
- Submit your memorable story with the understanding that it may be included in the
book envisaged or other form of electronic media.
- Your contribution will be much appreciated and screened for possible inclusion.
- Each submission (story) will be numbered
- The best stories will be selected
- These will be put into book form and printed
- The book will be distributed and sold in stores
- The readers will then be able to vote on line for their favourite story in the respective categories.
- The winners in each category will each receive a prize (to be determined based by the book sales) of i.e. an ipad.
Important to know:
- All the people that were involved in a story will remain anonymous and alternative names should be used.
- The writer can also remain anonymous if he or she wishes to, however it would not be possible to bring them in contention for a prize.
- No church names (religions) may be used (only in extreme circumstances) as the purpose is not to draw attention to a specific religion", but be focused on the miracle of Jesus Christ.
- No slandering of any person/church/religion will be allowed and such stories will not be published.
- No blasphemy or fowl language will be published.
- A portion of the funds generated will go to outreaches to orphaned children.
- A portion to the funds generated will go to the education of such children.
- A portion to the funds generated will go towards social upliftment projects
- A portion to the funds generated will go towards a building fund to build churches in disadvantage communities
Submit your story